Serves : Makes 4-6 servings once you add the eggs.
If you prep the veggies ahead of time, this is a FAST breakfast during the week!
Sautéed Veg: prep ahead to save time.
- 1-2 Tbs. Coconut Oil
- 1 lb. spinach
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Any Veggies you have in the house! (about 2-4 cups total depending on how much you want to make)
- I use chopped sweet onion, red pepper, tomato, zucchini, squash (but…you can use any veggies you want: mushrooms, artichoke).
- ½ tsp. Coconut Oil
- 2-3 Eggs (whisked in a bowl)
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper for seasoning
In a large sauté pan, turn the heat to medium. Take ½ bag of spinach and place into pan. With tongs, gently continue tossing until the spinach has wilted (1 minute).
Don’t leave the spinach in the pan, it will burn! As soon as it’s finished wilting, remove spinach into a plate and repeat with the rest of the spinach.
Next, heat up 2 Tbs. coconut oil and sauté onion for a few minutes BEFORE adding the other chopped veggies to the pan. Season with salt & pepper. Sauté to your liking (about a few minutes).
Drain the spinach and add to the sauté mixture. Let cool for a few min and then store in a Tupperware (for up to a week).
(Make a BIG batch of this once a week and use this with your eggs throughout the week)
To Complete the Scramble:
In a medium sauté pan, heat coconut oil over med heat. Add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Stir and then let sit until nearly set. Add your desired amount of sautéed veggies to the eggs. With a wooden spoon, continue to mix eggs until cooked. Serve HOT and enjoy!