Mashed Turnip with Sautéed Onions
Serves : Serving size = 1 cup
- 2 Turnips, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 Large Onion, peeled then sliced in ¼” slices
- 2-3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Dash of Apple Cider or Chicken Stock (optional)
Place turnip in a large pot of boiling water and cook until fork tender (10-15 minutes). In the meantime, place olive oil in skillet & sauté sliced onions until tender & golden brown.
When turnip is done, drain and place in a large bowl. Mash with fork, potato masher or place in an electric mixer. Work until fluffy. You can add a dash or two of apple cider or chicken stock here to moisten. Add onions and olive oil to mixture.
Season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and eat it! ☺