Waldorf Salad….fresh & healthy!
Serves : 1
- 1 diced red apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 1/4 cup grapes, halved
- 1 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 113g Cooked Chicken Breast or Turkey
- 1 – 2 cups spinach (chopped)
- Optional: 1 – 1 ½ Tbs. Paleo Mayo (see below)
Mixed the first 6 ingredients together and serve over the top of the fresh spinach.
- 3 pasteurized large eggs
- 1.5 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher or sea salt (preferably Himalayan)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
Combine the two oils in a small bowl and set aside.
Put the eggs, mustard, salt, and lemon juice into blender and process 10 seconds to mix. While machine is running, drop in peeled garlic clove.
Very slowly pour the mixed oils into blender while running. Process until all of the oil is incorporated. Mixture will be the consistency of mayonnaise.
Add chopped basil & stir to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour before using.
(Stays good for about a week!)