Protein Packed Grain Salad
Serves : 6-8
Perfect to make ahead of time and keep in fridge.
You’ll have a little extra on hand for a quick and easy side in case you need one!
- ¼ cup brown rice
- ¼ cup basmati rice
- ¼ cup quinoa, rinsed
- ½ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped (jar)
- 8 marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (from a jar is ok)
- 1 medium handful of parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, roasted
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine the brown and red rice together in a medium size pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 minutes and then add the quinoa and another cup of water. Cook for another 10 minutes or so. You may need to add another ¼ cup water.
While the grains are cooking prepare the rest of your ingredients. Once the grains are cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
Taste and adjust seasoning. Enjoy!