Avocado Egg Salad on a Thick Slice of Tomato
Serves : 1
Make sure to double this recipe if you want extra for later!
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
- 1/2 Avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt OR Paleo Mayo (see below)
- 3/4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2-4 Thick slices of a ripe tomato
Take all of these ingredients and gently mix them together! Scoop a heaping mound over 1-2 tomato slices and enjoy 🙂
- 3 pasteurized large eggs
- 1.5 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher or sea salt (preferably Himalayan)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
Combine the two oils in a small bowl and set aside.
Put the eggs, mustard, salt, and lemon juice into blender and process 10 seconds to mix. While machine is running, drop in peeled garlic clove.
Very slowly pour the mixed oils into blender while running. Process until all of the oil is incorporated. Mixture will be the consistency of mayonnaise.
Add chopped basil & stir to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour before using.
(Stays good for about a week!)