Baked Hake & Veggies in a Pouch
Serves : Makes 3 servings
- 450g of Hake (or other fish of your choice: sea bass, cod, snapper, salmon, etc.) rinsed, and make sure there are no bones)
***Do Not Get: farm raised fish, anything previously frozen, or color enhanced
- 1/2 onion, peeled, cut in half & sliced in 1/4″ pieces
- 1/2 tomato cut into chunks
- 1/2 courgette, rinsed, cut in 4th’s & sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 butternut squash, rinsed, sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 garlic clove, smashed & peeled
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 carrot, peeled & cut into 1/2″ pieces
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°
Divide fish into 2 equal parts. Take a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil (or double a thin foil) and lay it shiny side down. (About 12″x12′) 4 times. Place a piece of halibut on 1/2 of each piece of foil.
Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Divide the mixture into 2 equal amount and place in each piece of foil. Season with salt & pepper.
Fold the foil into a triangle and then fold up all the sides to seal all of the juices. Cook in oven until all of the vegetables are tender and the fish is cooked. About 30 minutes.
Place each piece of foil in plate & serve. Be careful when you open it, as steam will come out. Enjoy!