Serves : Makes 8 servings. (3-4 meatballs depending on size – about 115g. per serving.) Make sure to keep these frozen for back-up meals!
- 1 courgette, lightly chopped
- ½ med onion, lightly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ red pepper, lightly chopped
- ½ sweet pot, lightly chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 2 lbs. of lean ground turkey mince
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a food processor, finely chop the courgette, onion, garlic & pepper. Set aside in a large bowl.
Next, add the sweet potato and carrots to the food processor, finely chop, and then add to courgette mixture.
Then, combine your veggie mixture with the turkey, almond flour, eggs, salt & pepper. Mix really well, and then form lots of golf-ball size (1”) meatballs.
Bake meatballs for about 20 minutes or until cooked through & no longer pink in the middle.