Pan-Seared Chicken & Curried Parsnips
Serves : 4
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-3 long strips
- 2 parsnips, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 ripe pear, peeled, seeded, & diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Tbs. curry powder
- ½ Tbs. cinnamon
- ½ cup low sodium chicken stock
- ¼ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ chopped coriander
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Season chicken tenders with salt & pepper on both sides.
Sear the tenders in HOT coconut oil for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove the chicken and set it aside.
Add diced onions to the pan and sauté for 2-4 minutes in the same pan. (add more coconut oil if necessary) Next, add the parsnips and sauté until they start to turn golden brown.
Add the garlic and pears to the pan and sauté another 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle curry powder and corinader over mixture and then pour chicken broth and coconut milk in, and stir very well. Bring mixture to a simmer and stir until parsnips are fork tender and sauce begins to thicken.
Season mixture with salt & pepper. Next, place the chicken tenders over the veggies in the pan, cover, turn heat to low, and cook for 5 minutes more.