Baked Chicken Oreganata with Onions & Lemon
Serves : Makes 4 servings (Remember to HALVE this recipe if you are making this only for yourself during the challenge)
- 1 chicken cut up into 8 pieces, skin removed OR 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 onions, halved & sliced into ¼” pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 lemons, washed, and sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea Salt & freshly ground Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°. In an oven proof sauté pan, on medium heat, brown the chicken on top and bottom in olive oil and remove from pan.
In the same pan, lower heat and add onion and sauté until golden and tender (onion will be clear). Add garlic and cook for 10 seconds. Add chicken stock. Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes to cook out the alcohol.
Return chicken to the pan, coating each piece in the sauce. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add lemons, oregano and parsley. If you like, add the olives. Place in oven, covered, for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.