Homemade Protein Bar Option 1
Serves : 1
- 1.25 cups slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup ground flax meal
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 large Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened cherries or blueberries
- 1/3 cup dried apricots
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 scoops (about 60 grams) of unsweetened protein powder
- 4-5 Tbs. water
In a food processor, coarsely grind the almonds and pecans. Set aside in a large bowl. Add the flax seed and protein powder to the nut blend.
Next, put the dates, blueberries, and apricots into the food processor and pulse only a few times to chop the fruit (should still be small pieces). Add the water, vanilla, and honey and pulse a few more times to combine.
Add your fruit mixture to the nut mixture, and hand mix to combine all the ingredients well.
Simply press your mixture into a glass baking dish and refrigerate for 60 minutes before cutting into bars. Try not to eat them all at once 😉