Your metabolism might be broken.
I can help you fix it ….
Every time I see someone promoting a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) as a lifestyle
diet (or those silly diet drops) I just want to slap their greedy little paws.
A very low calorie diet should only be done once in your life… ever. Unless you’re in the first 3 months post partum, you risk permanently shutting down your metabolism by repeatedly starving yourself.
If you’ve done a VLCD diet before, then you should NEVER do it again. And if someone tells you to, especially if that someone profits from you (buying their magic woo-woo potion), run away and never buy anything from that cash guzzling creep again.
What A Broken Metabolism Feels Like
If you want to find out , I can help you calculate what is called your “maintenance” calories. Every time you eat less than your maintenance calories, your body responds by dropping or slowing non essential processes, like reproduction, hair growth, muscle growth etc.
The most important thing for dieters is to be patient, diet as close to maintenance as you can, so you avoid any of the following:
- lethargy (always feeling tired)
- depression symptoms
- anger (short tempered)
- lack or complete loss of sex drive
- hair loss
- illness (low immunity)
- the feeling that you need caffeine just to survive
- sore joints
What A Fixed Metabolism Feels Like
After years of f*****g up your metabolism with a diet roller coaster yo-yo, you maybe just think the feelings you have are age related. But fix up your metabolism, and most of the problems you have are just little odd jobs your body is putting aside until the calories came rolling back in.
So if you have been doing the same diet-binge-diet-binge yoyo for a while, you’ll most likely feel like crap. I can tell you that once you correct your metabolism, you’ll experience some or all of the following:
- better skin (people will tell you this by saying you look “glowing” or “healthy”. what it means is that your body has enough energy to excrete the right oils onto the skin as well as replace the old dead skin, often clearing up eczema symptoms.
- Better mood. Being hungry makes people angry. It’s nature. Eating a whole lot more food without packing on fat feels like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.
- Return of sex drive. You’ll feel it. You’ll definitely feel it.
- Athleticism. You’ll just feel more athletic. Not old any more. I guess you could say you feel youthful again. I’m sure you’ve heard someone say “I feel better now than I did in my early 20’s.”
- energetic and healthy. With sufficient calories and nutrition, your body responds by making you feel “alive” and energetic. Caffeine becomes obsolete, and illness becomes a thing of the past.
- Fat loss. This is a funny one. If you increase your metabolism, you reduce body fat, while eating even more than you did before. This alone should be reason to fix your metabolism.