But first, while we’re on the subject – I think you know why you shouldn’t drink the bottled V8 juice stuff ….
All juices on the shelves are pasteurized a.k.a. heated, and when you heat your juice it kills essential enzymes and nutrients, which totally defeats the purpose of having it.
- It’s pasteurized. All juices on the shelves are pasteurized a.k.a. heated, and when you heat your juice it kills essential enzymes and nutrients, which totally defeats the purpose of having it.
- It has “flavoring.” Now, I don’t really know what that flavoring is, but it could be a mix of chemicals designed to make it taste like they intend. It could contain MSG or other things that are really not good for your body.
- It is not organic. Organic and non-GMO produce is really important. Eating stuff grown from a genetically modified seed and sprayed with toxic pesticides is bad news for your health.
- It’s loaded with sodium (they add salt). Too much sodium in your diet can cause high blood pressure, water retention and hypertension. It’s best to keep it low. So why do they add it? I believe its because it doesn’t taste good on it’s own, so it’s a secret way to enhance the flavor. Celery adds a natural sodium to this juice that makes it nice and salty tasting without the dangers of added white table salt.
- It’s from concentrate and reconstituted. Do I really need to say anything about this? 🙂
- They add citric acid, potassium chloride, magnesium and vitamin C. Citric acid is a flavor enhancer and preservative. Potassium chloride is a preservative. I steer clear of these at all costs. I would venture to say that vitamins are added so they can say that it has more nutrients. Synthetic vitamins that are made in a lab and not from real food are sub-par to food vitamins and don’t get absorbed by the body very well.
The bottom line- there are things in this I would avoid with a long barge pole
It’s always better to juice your own then buy any juice off the shelf.
A Real V8 Juice Recipe
This makes enough for 2 glasses of juice or one large glass
4 long carrots
2 handfuls of spinach
5 celery stalks
1 clove of fresh garlic (I’m allergic to garlic so I leave this bit out!)
1 small bunch of parsley, about ¼ cup
Lean greens is optional – do you use it? I’d strongly recommend it
Head over to my website to check it out if you don’t know what it is – LEAN GREENS
Drink & Enjoy
Now my RAK today is a very simple one – I’m going to spend some quality time with my Mum & Dad
Did you ever say “thank you” to your parents or the person that raised you for everything they have done ?
It’s easy to take what our family do for us for granted, and I for one always forget to tell them how grateful I am for their help & support
They have always been my biggest cheerleaders
It’s easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of life and forget to make time for them and I know how much it makes their day when we get to hang out together or “shoot the shit” as my dad calls it 🙂
So today, it’s all about them
What’s YOUR RAK today ?
Have a wonderful Sunday
PS – I have space for ONE on my guys programme so ladies if your hubby’s been overdoing it with the cookies & beer and YOU’d like him restored to his former glory – get him registered ASAP >>>> FAT to FIT