There’s an old saying:
“If you find yourself standing in a deep hole with a shovel in your hands, stop digging”
Why is it though when it comes to our weight loss goals, most of us dig ourselves a little deeper into the hole every single day.
As much as we guilt-trip ourselves over a couple of innocent indulgences – the decadent cupcake we broke down and inhaled, or the extra helping we took at dinner time – it’s not really the occasional extravagances we need to focus on.
An extra 500 or even 1,000 calories a week isn’t going to make dent in your bathroom scale.
It’s the little things we do, day in and day out, things that we barely notice we’re doing, which determine whether our waistlines are shrinking or expanding
For my RAK today,
I’m giving you my top 25 Tips that are affecting your ability to SHRINK your waistline …..
- You Ignore my advice
- You Seep too little or too much
- You eat free restaurant food (you know the free stuff that comes out with your starters)
- You drink fizzy drinks (yes even the zero or diet ones)
- You Skip meals
- You eat too quickly (it takes your brain 20 mins to register you’re full)
- You watch too much TV (David, get off the sofa NOW!)
- Your order the combo meals (just order the thing you want and skip the rest)
- All you can eat Buffets (Step.Away.Now)
- You don’t let off steam (chillax and let those cortisol levels drop)
- You don’t moderate your diet
- You cook too much
- You don’t get tested (diabetes, CHD, High Blood pressure ….)
- You avoid all Fats
- You ignore the sodium count on food labels (sticking to the daily recommended amount will keep the bloat away)
- You eat off LARGE plate
- You don’t drink enough water
- You hang out with unhealthy friends
- You eat Low Fat
- You use the scales daily (ditch them seriously – when are you gonna start listening?)
- You drink fruity stuff (fruit juices and cocktails – so bad for your waistline)
- You eat when emotional
- You don’t drink the right tea (try a cup of Tulsi, awesome for de-stressing)
- You don’t ask how it’s cooked (chefs add cream/butter/salt/fat to dishes to add flavour)
- You Ignore my advice (yeah, I know that’s no 1 as well BUT when are you going to listen? )